Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hello all!
I am so sorry that I have not been keeping up with the blog! Life has been so hectic!

I don't know about all of you out there, but Maine has been having a few HOT days! Summer is almost here! *Happy dance*

And it's getting almost time to plant some plants! Still a little chilly yet, but soon! I can't wait to have fresh juicy tomatoes straight off the vine! Or fresh off the vine string beans! I'm telling you, fresh string beans kick butt when it comes to those alien things they call "string beans" that come in cans. You haven't lived until you've grown your own and taken a bite of that crisp yummy string bean, right from the vine to your mouth! Yummmm.... ;)

Mom and I have been looking into selling some of our crafts, so we've been looking around in the area, and scouting out Etsy... =) So wish us luck! =D

And I have a confession to make: I ADORE Pinterest! I found this really cool idea on how to clean the headlights on your vehicle, and so I tried it on the family van, and OMGOSH! I was so shocked that it worked! I wish I had taken before and after pictures! All you do it put some toothpaste (any kind, I used Crest) and rub it on, let it sit about 5-10 minutes and rinse it off! If it still needs more to come off, just repeat, and walla! Clean, CLEAR headlights! =D

Mom has been making more ponchos (Below is a picture to refresh your mind) And she's thinking she wants to sell them, so we'll see about it!! =)

Beautiful isn't it? =D


Well, I'm off to see about making Dandelion soup! =D (Yes, there is such a thing!) ;)

~Annabeth

2 comments:

  1. Did you really make Dandelion soup? How did it taste? did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha We didn't end up making it this year, but we did last year, and it was really good! =) I don't know how to describe how it tasted =) I'll see about posting the recipe =) One thing I do recommend though: Don't pick dandelion leaves from a yard that has a dog... (Remember, that's going into your mouth) ;) And the earlier you pick them in the year (before they flower) the better, Because they will be less bitter, and more sweeter, but you can still use the leaves from the Dandelion plants later in the season too =D Also, and this I don't have a recipe for yet (Pinterest, here I come!), you can make a tea with the dandelion root, and it helps with respirtory infections and such =) And it kinda tastes likes nuts! haha =D
      Here we gardners are like "GAH! ANOTHER WEED!" when in fact it just as edible as the spring beans, or cherry tomatoes =D It's just in the wrong place ;)

      Delete